- This event has passed.
Stewards of Children Training
December 6, 2021 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm MSTFree
Stewards of Children® is an evidence-informed, award-winning two-hour training that teaches adults to prevent, recognize and react responsibly to child sexual abuse. Created by Darkness to Light, and managed in Colorado by Illuminate Colorado, Stewards of Children® is the only evidence-informed, adult-focused child sexual abuse prevention training in the United States proven to increase knowledge and change behavior.
Approved nationally for two hours of continuing education for nurses, social workers, dentists and dental hygienists.
Perfect for any adult who cares about the well-being of children in your community.
- Volunteers with youth-serving organizations
- Sports leagues
- Day care centers
- After school programs
- Children’s clubs
- Church groups
- Every adult in every community
You will learn:
- Simple, effective strategies for protecting children from child sexual abuse.
- The importance of talking about the prevention of child sexual abuse with children as well as your coworkers and neighbors.
- The types of situations in which child sexual abuse can occur.
- Signs of child sexual abuse in order to intervene and react responsibly.
- Facts about the problem of child sexual abuse in Colorado today.
ENTER THE LIGHT THE WAY GIVEAWAY:
When you attend one of our Stewards of Children trainings, you will be automatically entered to win 4 tickets to the Denver Art Museum. Additional training dates can be found online.
Please note: Attendance will be taken at each training, and you must attend in order to be eligible for the prize.
Thank you to the Denver Art Museum for donating this Light the Way Prize to help build brighter childhoods in Colorado.
A winner for this prize will be selected at random at 9 AM (MTN) on Friday, December 31 and notified at the contact information provided on the RSVP.