About the Child Sexual Abuse Prevention Training
Stewards of Children® is an evidence-informed, award-winning two-hour training that teaches adults to prevent, recognize and react responsibly to child sexual abuse.
Thanks in large part to support from the the Colorado Department of Human Services Office of Early Childhood Colorado Children’s Trust Fund, all Coloradans can take this training FREE in-person or online.
Created by Darkness 2 Light, and managed in Colorado by Illuminate Colorado, Stewards of Children® is the only evidence-informed, adult-focused child sexual abuse prevention training in the United States proven to increase knowledge and change behavior.
Perfect for any adult who cares about the well-being of children in your community.
- Volunteers with youth-serving organizations
- Sports leagues
- Day care centers
- After school programs
- Children’s clubs
- Church groups
- Every adult in every community
Offers simple steps for substantive change
- Available both online and in-person, depending on local public health guidance.
- Available in English and Spanish.
- Approved nationally for two hours of continuing education for nurses, social workers, dentists and dental hygienists.
You will learn:
- Simple, effective strategies for protecting children from child sexual abuse.
- The importance of talking about the prevention of child sexual abuse with children as well as your coworkers and neighbors.
- The types of situations in which child sexual abuse can occur.
- Signs of child sexual abuse in order to intervene and react responsibly.
- Facts about the problem of child sexual abuse in Colorado today.
Share What You Learn With Your Community or Workplace
In addition to providing this revolutionary training to anyone in Colorado, Illuminate Colorado empowers others to become child sexual abuse prevention experts and deliver the Darkness to Light Stewards of Children® training in your community or workplace.
Online Training in Colorado:
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Illuminate Colorado has adapted this national evidence-based training to continue to offer the interactive experiences that are a cornerstone of the Stewards of Children® through a virtual training.
Coloradans have a unique opportunity to gather online, ask questions and discuss topics and practical experiences in an online classroom with experts and hear interviews with adult child sexual abuse survivors, experts and treatment providers by signing up through TipColorado.org.